View The Counselling Centre’s Core Values & Mission Statements
Helping People Find Hope, Healing & Encouragement for Daily Living
It is the Vision of The Counselling Centre is to offer hope, healing and encouragement for daily living through the provision of affordable, professional therapeutic counselling. Our mandate is:
- To provide affordable counselling for individuals & families
- To provide educational programs for our community (workshops & training programs)
- To serve as a resource for churches, corporations, small businesses, community groups & others
Our Core Values
The Counselling Centre adheres to the following core values while assisting individuals and groups with our counselling services:
- Respect: We affirm the unconditional dignity of every human being.
- Professionalism: We strive to provide both a diversity and a high standard of service in counselling and education.
- Spirituality: We recognize the importance of each person’s spiritual values and beliefs and provide counselling services through the context of those values and beliefs.
- Growth & Development: We believe every person has the potential for positive growth and development and we will seek to provide the opportunities and supports for these changes to occur.
Our Mission Statement
At The Counselling Centre, we are here:
- To listen – not to work miracles.
- To help you discover what you are feeling – not to make feelings go away.
- To help you identify your options – not to rescue you and leave you still vulnerable.
- To help you discover that you can help yourself – not to take responsibility for you.
- To help you learn to choose – not to make it unnecessary for you to make choices.